Tuesday 5 March 2013

Ebay, Roald Dahl and Bye Bye Bikes

I am not really a big fan of selling on eBay I am quite happy to give most things away. However, some things are worth putting on there so that they can find a new home.  I sold 4 Lego star wars ships that we were given but which are all missing a minor piece or a figure. There are people who collect these and someone will be able to use them and be very happy to take them of my hands.  I put a low buy it now price and free P&P to attract interest.  I put the Lego on at £10 and they were sold within a couple of hours.


D is doing Roald Dahl at school this half term and we are enjoying reading his stories at bedtime. I took the boys to the Roald Dahl museum in Great Missenden at the weekend.  It is a fantastic place and we enjoyed touring the galleries, making crafts and dressing up etc.  The interactive story telling was excellent with a reading from Revolting Rhymes, little red riding hood pulling a pistol from her knickers to kill the wolf was enjoyed by all! We indulged in a piece of bog trotter cake in the cafe afterwards! I enjoyed Roald Dahl as a child and it is fun to revisit his writings with my own children.


We were able to combine the trip with visiting my sister.  I took Dan's bike for her step child as its too small for D. It has had very little use as D still hasn't learnt to cycle on 2 wheels. This is common for children with Dyspraxia.  I feel very sad about this and D's difficulties break my heart. When my sisters step child visited he was thrilled with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment